Compete, Share, Learn & Grow
Kraftwerk：A New Compact Fuel Cell Technology
Project Entries > Project Intro
Kraftwerk has developed a new compact fuel cell with solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) technology, an all-metal casing and a patented nanotechnology layer that replaces traditionally used platinum with nickel as a catalyst (more expensive than gold). The battery can use not only hydrogen but also liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas, compressed natural gas, propane, butane and the like. It has the advantages of low cost, light weight, recyclability, quick start, etc. It can be used for stationary, moving and transporting equipment.
Small battery modules have been developed and are being used in potable power bank. The product will be ready for the market in 2022 and enter the automotive product industry with great potential. The car charger being developed by Kraftwerk can supply about 250 kWh of electricity in one minute. The charger is small, compact, low cost, free of particulate matter or NOx emissions.
• Lightweight product shape, efficient nanotechnology, inexpensive catalyst, fast start-up speed;
• It uses not only hydrogen but also natural gas - LPG, LNG, CNG, propane, butane, etc.
• Flexible combination of multiple levels of power, etc.;
• More than 20 patents applied in Europe, the United States, Japan, China and other regions.
Dr. Sascha Kuhn
• Ph.D. in Materials Science, 10 years experience as CEO of small and medium enterprises in the US and Germany, and 18 years of experience in clean energy technology;
• Worked in BMW, Airbus, Nissan and other companies and has more than 40 international patents.
Dr. Heribert Warken
• Doctor of Business Administration with over 25 years of experience in tax and auditing, with many years of experience in entrepreneur training.
• Many years of BD experience and project management experience, worked for BMW and the German Federal Government.
• PhD from Stanford University
• Martin has more than 6 years of experience in project management, business development and company strategy.
• He worked for BMW‘s Project i and for the German Federal Government. He was also part of the German Accelerator Team. Besides kraftwerk he now is also Partner at Edition Venture Capital.
• Martin studied Industrial Engineering and Business Administration at the University of Technology in Dresden. Martin gained several entrepreneurial awards worldwide (e. g. CleanTech Open, Inifinity Lab and Global Entrepreneurship Competition Award)
Status of Technology and Business Maturity
Automotive Applications – Drive System Development Prototypes has been developed; Drones Applications - Entering the Market
Project financing, technology licensing, finding producers, co-founding joint venture
Follow @WTOIPGlobal on Facebook to stay connected with us!