Compete, Share, Learn & Grow
QTT: AI-based Oral Diagnosis Mobile Application
AI & Big Data
Project Entries > Project Intro
The QTT team developed the world's first mobile application based on artificial intelligence to provide oral disease self-diagnosis services - E.A.PO. After the user taking the photo of the diseased part of the mouth by smartphone, the APP analyzes oral health data through deep learning, and then provides the user with a diagnosis report of the oral disease and advice on whether or not to see the dentist. In addition, E.A.PO can also help hospital dentists to process patient appointments and consultations in real time, and can display dental presentation information to effectively facilitate hospital promotion and dental information management.
E.A.PO has developed three major functions: 1 Self-diagnosis: Talk with the robot in the APP any time and at the same time, fill in the questionnaire and take pictures of the diseased area with smartphone. The embeded AI will analyze the pictures and questionnaires in real time and identify whether you should see a dentist with diagnosis report issued; 2 Eating habit management: Users can record eating habits on the APP. According to the caries induction index developed by the QTT team, health conditions of the children's teeth can be determined with correction advice provided. 3 Search for a nearby local dentist: The patient can ask at the APP before going to the dental clinic to check the dental treatment and price.
• Launched at 2019 MWC, the product is the world's first mobile app that provides self-diagnosis services for oral diseases;
• Photo data comes from direct labeling of affected areas made by experts from Busan National University Dental Hospital, the second largest national dental hospital in Korea. Around 10,000 data has been collected and 110,000 data is expected to be collected;
• Can diagnose a variety of oral diseases such as gingivitis, periodontitis, caries disease etc.;
• In each clinical diagnosis of periodontal disease and cavities, the diagnostic accuracy is higher than that of most dentists, slightly lower than the dental specialists;
E.A.PO has obtained over 40 IPRs, incl. 13 patents and 13 software copyrights. PCT applications for important patents were completed.
Taeyeon Go, President & CEO
• Graduated from Dongseo University, Former Research Director in TZSOFT Inc.
• Busan Chapter Director of Korea Venture Business Women’s Association
Jay Choi，Executive Director
• Prof. in Kyungsung University with rich experience in VR development
• Committee member of Busan Metropolitan City, KBS, Korea; Occupational Safety and Health Agency, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy and etc.
Wanho Jang，Research Director
• PhD of Nuclear Engineering, in Kyunghee University; planning ICT ICE SHOW for Opening Ceremony at The Winter Games in PyeongChang
Sue Seo，Head of Design
• Graduated from Soongsil University, designer at Hyundai Group Website
Status of Technology and Business Maturity
Currently Beta test phase
Project Financing and Technology Licensing