Compete, Share, Learn & Grow
AIXaTECH：Next Generation Manufacturing for Wide Bandgap Semiconductor
Project Entries > Project Intro
AIXaTECH is a large-scale manufacturer of single crystal AlN stencils dedicated to the efficient gallium nitride growth of LEDs and power electronics. AIXaTECH currently develops and manufactures new epitaxial systems for the growth of wide bandgap semiconductor materials. AIXaTECH's patented cryogenic deposition technology provides an excellent cost base and functional advantage over traditional methods of growing a GaN-based layer on a sapphire substrate in a standard MOCVD reactor.
The currently commercially available function is the production of low temperature templates for the Starting Layer. This step can be implemented in an MOCVD reactor to shorten the entire MOCVD process by 2 to 3 hours. The project has completed a semi-automatic prototype that can carry a substrate size of 600X8000 mm2 and can produce 150 wafers of 2-inch wafers at one time. The fully automated production line in the proposal can carry a substrate size of 1400X2000 mm2, and can produce 900 pieces of 2-inch wafers at one time.
• Developed a low temperature epitaxy process that can be achieved below 300 °C;
• Set up the prototype system based on the size of the current MOCVD system;
• Single crystal growth at low temperature to ensure crystal quality;
• Reduce the number of thermal cycles by 2 to 7 times;
• Compared with traditional growth technology, the production capacity has increased by more than 10 times;
• Reduce the use of toxic metals and gases, more environmental friendly
• In 1996, he received his Ph.D. from the Aachen University of Technology in Germany. He worked at the Fraunhofer Institute and founded INGENERIC. In 2015, he started serving as CEO of AXIaTECH.
• In 2006, he received his Ph.D. from the Aachen University of Technology in Germany, and he is also an expert in Al-Ga-In-N materials.
Status of Technology and Business Maturity
Follow @WTOIPGlobal on Facebook to stay connected with us!