News & Info
Stay Updated and Informed
1. Maeko is a Malaysian tech company focusing on kitchen waste composting system based on microbial fermentation. As one of the Global Top 30 projects, Maeko has joined other contestants to take part in the multi-city project roadshow in China during the IPIEC GLOBAL 2018 Semi-final. Overall 10 Chinese enterprises and industry parks indicated their interests in the project, 5 of which have generated solid leads. Maeko was awarded the Most Popular Matchmaking Project of IPIEC GLOBAL 2018.
2. WTOIP immediately formed a project team to closely follow up the matching progress. Based on the three-fold analysis on technology, market and intellectual property conducted by WTOIP’s analysts, WTOIP suggested school, hospital and shopping mall as its target segment in China. Yet the lack of effective channels makes it difficult to connect to the end users and thus it is in an urgent need to work with partners with the desired channels.
3. WTOIP project team contacted a number of potential partners including Sichuan Huiheng. After the matchmaking events in China, WTOIP engaged experts to provide ongoing matching support to address issues arisen along the negotiation for cooperation, and to push forward the process. The delegate of Huiheng was sent to Malaysia to visit Maeko directly at a later stage.
4. Due to the difference in market scale, business model and mindset, WTOIP spent substantial efforts in understanding requirements and needs of both parties, facilitating communication and eventually bringing the cooperation to life. Huiheng has purchased one of Maeko’s sample machine and will start the tech promotion from WTOIP’s Mianyang IP Valley.
5. Maeko is also a client of WTOIP’s China Business Starter Pack, with which it has been introduced to WTOIP’s 100,000+ clients and partners through comprehensive online and offline promotion including WeChat posts, official website, science & tech ecosystem, as well as website and channels of IPCC.